Translate

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Review: YSL Lipstick

Long time no blog! I have lots of posts planned out so prepare yourselves for makeup overload!

Today's post is on an item that I have always, always wanted but never felt the urge to splurge on lipstick. Luckily, I received it for Christmas!

The YSL Rouge Volupté Shine lipsticks are amazing. Hands down. They are extremely pigmented, creamy, glossy and luxurious. The only drawback is that they're $34... but its YSL, people! I got one in the color "Fuchsia in Excess" (5). Its a hot hot hot pink and it looks nice on pale skin (me.) These also taste and smell delicious. Not only that, but they are really moisturizing as well which is often hard to find in a lipstick. Nothing like sticky MAC lipsticks. I loved the feeling of 5 so much that I went to Sephora and got the Volupté Sheer Candy in 03 Juicy Grapefruit which is just clear with a hint of shimmer. It actually tastes like candy, not kidding! Now, for $32 this may seem crazy to spend on something that is essentially a chaptstick, but let me tell you... My lips haven't been chapped since! The sales woman at Sephora told me these are pumped with vitamins and rosemary oil which is supposed to be really great for your lips. And by how they feel, I'd have to say I agree! Basically, if nothing else, you put this on and it feels like you've gone to heaven... They're that good. 


If you can, try and pick one of these up. Even the packaging is gorgeous and elegant! You need at least one in your makeup collection! 

-Ms. Makeup 
Color 5

No comments:

Post a Comment