Translate

Monday, October 28, 2013

How To: Make Your Own Sugar Scrub!

Chapped lips? Dry hands? I have the solution for you!

My lips have been extremely chapped recently with the winter months approaching. So, I thought I would mix together some ingredients that I know are moisturizing and see if I can cure my chapped lips naturally! And that I did!

All you're going to need is olive oil and a mix of white sugar and brown sugar. Since I was just testing this out, I only made a little bit, but that's really all you need. First I poured 2 spoonfuls of olive oil into a container (with a lid so you can save the leftovers for later) and then I mixed in 3 spoonfuls of white sugar and 1 spoonful of brown sugar. Add more or less sugar depending on how saturated the oil looks. The sugar exfoliates and the oil moisturizes.

Take your natural scrub and rub it on in circular motions for super smooth and moisturized lips! Then take it off with some warm water and a towel and apply your fav chapstick. I sometimes just take the excess olive oil and rub that on my lips as well because it's extremely moisturizing and feels great. You could also put this anywhere else you need a little exfoliant and moisture. Feet, hands, maybe even your face (don't quote me on that one...)

Test it out and let me know what you think!

-- Ms. Makeup





<---- It should look like this when you're done!



No comments:

Post a Comment