Translate

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Top 5 Fall Nail Polishes

Dark nails have to be one of my favorite things about the fall season! Just because it's dark doesn't mean it has to be black! These are beautiful alternatives to the classic black mani. Since OPI is my favorite brand, here are my Top 5 Follishes (fall polishes!)

1. My Private Jet. Noted as Kim K's fav! This is an awesome brown/charcoal with tons of shimmer and sparkle (but not like, pageant shimmer...) It's very hard to describe, but its almost holographic. It is one of the most unique shades I have ever seen and when I heard it wasn't going to be made anymore I bought 4 bottles. But have no fear, you can still find it on Amazon! I always get compliments when I wear this one. 


2. <--- Lincoln Park After Dark. This is OPI, to me. Classic. This is always a go to, no matter what the season is. At first glance it looks black, but it's a really beautiful deep purple shade. Very rich. When you're outside in the light, you can really see the true hues. 


3. ---> Siberian Nights. Similar to Lincoln Park After Dark, but this one is a more true purple and not soo dark. If you're new to the dark nails, this would be a good starter. I know it looks darker in the picture, but I swear it's not!



4. <--- OPI... Eurso Euro. From the Euro Centrale Spring Collection, but it's a perfect transition color to fall. A very deep blue, in between royal and navy with some purple undertones. If you're going for a bold fall nail that isn't black, this is the one.





5. ---> Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ. This is a great vampy deep red. It's pretty much identical to the color of BBQ sauce (hence the name.) Really beautiful shade.




Don't forget a base and top coat! I use the Beauty Secrets Base Coat (Sally Beauty Supply, $3.89) with the ever so famous, Seche Vite Top Coat (Ulta, $9.95.) 

Side review-- On the back of the Seche Vite bottle it says "WARNING! This product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm." Hmmm... makes sense because this top coat dries so fast it's sometimes unbelievable. It makes your manicure last an entire week with no chips and full on shine. So what if we can't have babies in the future! We'll have pretty nails, right?! Jk, every time I use this stuff I picture myself not being able to have children in like 10 years. Let's hope is not that serious...

What are your favorite fall polishes?

-- Ms. Makeup


No comments:

Post a Comment