Translate

Monday, October 21, 2013

Top 10

For my very first post on Ms. Makeup I wanted to do my Top 10 all time favorites. If I were stranded on a deserted island and I could only take 10 beauty products, these are the lucky ones that would get to come along (excluding makeup brushes.)This includes makeup, hair, skin, etc. I will continue to purchase these things until I find that I have found something of better quality. 

Here we go!


1. Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Foam Wash. ($12.99, CVS)

This is my favorite face wash of all time. I've been using it for about a year and a half and I have never used something on my skin that I love so much. It doesn't break me out. It doesn't make my skin dry, but it doesn't make me oily either. It doesn't give that horrible tight feeling once you've dried your face.It smells nice. It's just the best. It was developed by dermatologists, so I trust it for my combo/oily skin.




2. Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque ($33, Ulta)

Okay, first off this product smells unbelievable. It needs to be made into a perfume asap. But besides that, this conditions my coarse hair like nothing else. It is very expensive but it can last me a little over 6 months if I use it sparingly. I have never met anyone that didn't love this stuff. It makes your hair beyond soft. I don't know what they put in this stuff, but it is seriously a miracle. I have bought 4 tubs of this stuff, but am currently out. I need it back in my life. You can always find it on amazon.com for much cheaper (around $17 if you look hard enough!)





3. Blow Pro Faux Dry Shampoo ($20, Ulta)

I have used almost every canned dry shampoo from the drug store and I have yet to find one that I love. So, instead of buying a bunch of cans that don't last long, make my scalp itchy, and really don't work, I would rather buy a more expensive one that works wonders. I prefer the powder kind because since I am blonde, it blends into my hair very easily. I wouldn't recommend this if you have dark hair. I can almost always find this at TJMaxx for about half the price and it's usually in the old packaging, which I prefer. No matter what I do, my hair is dirty the next night after showering. But with Blow, I am able to go 2, sometimes 3 days without washing my hair, which is amazing! It adds volume and literally makes it look like I just took a shower. It doesn't have a scent but that doesn't bother me. (Old packaging is on the left, current packaging on the right. Old is better.)




4. Urban Decay NAKED Palette ($52, Sephora)

This product is very over hyped, but for good reason. It is so wearable with a wide variety of shades. Sin, Naked, Sidecar, and Darkhorse are my personal favorites. I have had it for almost 2 years and I have only hit pan on Sin, and I use this thing all the time. Its long lasting and the shadows are great. Urban Decay has amazing color payoff and they last all day (with a primer, of course!) I feel like every skin tone could use this and that is why I like it better than the Naked 2. I don't gravitate towards that one as much.




5. Soap & Glory A Great Kisser Lip Moisture Balm ($10, Sephora)

AMAZING. Hands down the best thing I have ever used for my lips. First off, it smells and kind of tastes like peaches. Sold. I put it on before bed and it makes my lips so smooth and never chapped! I don't know what's in this to make it so smooth! And it's not sticky at all, in my opinion, though I've heard people complain about that. Feels like butter. Must have. 




6. Maybelline Dream Matte Powder ($8.99, CVS)

I have pretty oily skin, so this powder is a must have. It works better than any high end powder I have tried. I am in the shade medium beige. The best thing about it is that it doesn't clog my pores and it lasts a really long time on the skin. Also, this is the most finely milled powder, so you cant even see it on your face, it just makes it look great!





7. Buxom Mascara ($19, Sephora)

I don't think I will ever find a mascara that I love more than this one. I have bought 4 or 5 tubes and I will never stop buying this product. It has a really big plastic wand that makes my lashes so long, dark, full, and beautiful. The consistency is right in between being wet and dry. The only complaint I have is that it sometimes gets on my upper lash line, I think because the brush is so thick, but a quick swipe with a q-tip takes it right off. It has a nice stopper, too. Drug store mascaras don't compare at all to Buxom, so if you're willing to spend the money, this is a must have. I've heard people say it compares to Maybelline the Rocket, but I do not see the similarity. 



8. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner ($18, Sephora)

This felt tip liner is super long lasting and a very dark black. It creates an extremely precise line that is very buildable. I was horrible at winged liner until I found this baby. The stick is very thin, so that makes it easy for me to hold and the liner lasts all day long. 





9. Maybelline DreamLumi Touch Highlighting Concealer ($7.99, CVS)

I love love love this product because it can act as two things- a highlight and a concealer. I use it for under my eyes/ down the sides of my nose and it makes me look up & at em'! I am in the shade Ivory 320, so it's pretty light, but I have fair skin. It has a nice consistency and it's very blendable.


10. Revlon Just Bitten LipStain ($9.29, CVS)
I hate the feeling of lip stick, so I always gravitate towards a stain. I have the colors Passion and Gothic. I love these things. They come with a marker and a balm to give a little shine. When I use these, I can't even feel them on my lips, and they last hours without reapplying! They don't taste bad and they have amazing color payoff! Gothic is a very true, deep red and Passion is a hot pink.


What are your Top 10 beauty essentials?

-- Ms. Makeup


No comments:

Post a Comment