Translate

Saturday, November 23, 2013

How To: Makeup for an Interview

Today's post is about proper makeup for a job interview. I had one today and I really liked how my look turned out so I thought I'd share! You definitely don't want too much, so to get my natural look keep on reading ---> 



1. First, use a primer to make sure your foundation lasts all day and doesn't get shiny. You don't want your interviewer to think you're dirty! I used Smashbox Photo Finish Blemish Control. Using your fingers, put this all over your face but be sure to focus on the middle of your face because that is where makeup tends to thin out during the day.

2. Apply a natural, matte foundation using a dense foundation brush. I used Makeup Forever's Mat Velvet (LOVE.) This stuff lasts a long time- takes about 5+ hours to get shiny on my face, which is really good! 

3. Set your foundation with a translucent (or natural color) powder. I used Laura Mercier's Translucent loose powder and it worked so well. Really great product, but a little on the pricey side.

4. Apply a light & pretty blush to give you a little flush. Take Benefit's Hervana to the apples of your cheeks, but don't use too much!

5. Before applying eyeshadow be sure to use a primer. Do not forget this or your eyeshadow will crease and it'll look like a mess! Urban Decay Primer Potions are the best. My eye makeup still looks perfect at the end of the day whenever I use this. 

6. To get the most natural eye look I used Urban Decay's Naked Basics palette. I put W.O.S. all over the lid, Naked 2 in the crease, a very small amount of Faint in the outer crease and Foxy with a bit of Venus as a brow highlight. 

7. Apply a thin line of eyeliner on your upper lash line and flick it out to get a slight wing. Don't go overboard on this step because you really don't want too much. I tried out Essence's Super Fine Eyeliner Pen because it's incredibly thin & I really liked it! And it's $2.99 from Ulta! 

8. Top it off with your favorite mascara! Today I used Bare Minerals Lash Domination, but I did not like it at all... Review coming soon. 

9. Finally, apply a little bit of lip product. I chose one of my favorite Baby Lips in Peach Kiss. Its really neutral with a slight bit of shimmer and shine. You could go for a light pink if you wanted something a little more fun. 

Voila! You'll be ready and feelin' beautiful for your interview! Go get em'!



Good luck!

--Ms. Makeup

Pros of coming home from college- getting to sneak into your sisters room and try out all her makeup. All the products I used today are from her makeup collection, so thanks girl (hehe!)


No comments:

Post a Comment